Today is my 49th Birthday! Below the photo of me and my R2-D2 cake on my 7th birthday in 1979 are 49 "This I Believe" reflections, along with 4 videos of me speaking:
1. It is a blessing to be 49 years old. I don't regret getting older. I only hope I'm growing a bit wiser! :)
2. The top 5 priorities in my life in order are: Faith, Family, Health, Career, Community. Here is a 2-minute video of me talking about these top 5 priorities in 2018:
3. God is Good. All the Time. Even in hard times in our lives, I believe God is working all things together for the good of those who love Him.
4. My wife Marcia is an angel. I love her so much!
5. My two daughters are such a blessing. I love them both so much!
6. Volunteers of America Colorado is an incredible nonprofit organization serving over 150,000 Coloradans annually through affordable housing, emergency shelters, hunger and nutrition services (Meals on Wheels), and veterans supportive services programs.
7. In honor of my birthday today, can I ask you to make a donation to Volunteers of America Colorado? Thank you in advance! Please donate here now: www.voacolorado.org/give
8. I wanted to make $1 million by the age 30. Fortunately, God had a different plan for my life, and I ended up raising $1 million for charity by the age of 30. Here's the story in a 3-minute video (with shout-outs to Roxane White, Jamie Van Leeuwen and John Hickenlooper):
9. Work is love made visible.
10. Food is medicine.
11. Be curious.
12. Be kind.
13. Sleep is medicine. Here is a 2-minute video of me talking about the importance of sleep and FitBits (with a shout-out to Luke Wykoff):
14. Friends are pure gold.
15. Stay humble.
16. Gratitude is the best attitude.
17. Exercise is medicine.
18. Assume positive intent.
19. Don't worry. Be happy.
20. Habits determine success.
21. Life is beautiful.
22. Life can be hard. Keep going. Don’t give up.
23. Life is Love. Here's a 5-minute video of me talking about the books The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying and Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning:
24. Books are magic.
25. Goals are good.
29. Keep it simple.
30. Have a bias toward action.
31. Always a student, never the master.
32. The journey is the destination.
33. Do or do not. There is no try.
34. Focus is a superpower.
35. Calm is a superpower.
36. Empathy is a superpower.
37. Fail forward.
38. Grow your emotional intelligence.
39. Nobody else can do your sit-ups for you.
40. Early to bed and early to rise indeed makes you healthy, wealthy and wise.
41. Be brave.
42. The past does not equal the future.
43. Your brain is a muscle. Exercise it.
44. Enroll in "Automobile University" with Audible.com or Podcasts. Learn while you drive.
45. Practice loving-kindness.
46. It's all grace. Amazing grace.
47. Colorado is heaven.
48. Life is short. Don't miss it.
49. Chris Tomlin is my favorite singer/songwriter on the planet and here he is singing my favorite Psalm 23:
Thank you for reading these 49 reflections on my 49th birthday! I hope they provide you with some encouragement and some food for thought today.
p.s. The purpose of this blog is to encourage you to live a more disciplined life by God's Grace. I'd be honored if you'd subscribe to my blog's emails to alert you of new blog posts at: www.mikepritchard.com/subscribe.html